Hi All! Oh my gosh, it feels like it has been AGES since my last post, but in reality it has only been a week. This first week back to work in the New Year was a doozy, anyone feel me? I traveled to LA for some client visits, and managed to get a shoot in while I was there. I went to Wayfarer’s Chapel to explore around and let me tell you, it was absolutely incredible. Surrounded by sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean, redwoods, vines, and with floor to ceiling glass and magnificent architecture the Chapel was stunning. Perfect location to shoot.
For the exploration, I decided to wear this lovely bohemian dress from ThredUp, an online resale shop with some great finds. I can’t resist anything that resembles a floral kimono (heart eyes). I scored big online shopping there, and this dress was only one of my finds.
Shopping online at ThredUp for their Women’s Clothing got me to thinking of how I need to clean out my closet for the New Year, something that ThredUp can help you with! I have helped many people out with this in the past and it can be stressful, especially when you feel like you have an attachment to every item of clothing in your closet. However, trust me when I say that you will feel infinitely better and refreshed when there are less clothes in your closet and less clutter.
Here are 5 tips to clean out your closet in the New Year:
1. If you haven’t worn it in the last year, time to go (as my Mom says, out with the old, in with the new- think of all the new items that could replace the old)
2. If it no longer fits, begone! (that one is easy, stop trying to keep clothing that doesn’t fit currently even if it is supposed to be motivation to get fit… The best clothes are the ones that fit, no matter what size)
3. If you have similar items, chose one (the one you wear more often)
4. Keep simple, staple pieces (black jeans, these Sam Edelman booties)
5. Recycle trendy/only-worn-once pieces (this one is hard for me because I think, these will come back in style, right? Wrong, they are a waste of space)