Cambria, California: a small seaside town about midway between San Francisco and Los Angeles, nestled in San Louis Obispo county. With a population of around 6,000 people, it’s small enough to feel welcome yet large enough to have some visit-worthy gems. Hence why this is my second visit within the past year! You can read all about my first visit to Central California in this blog post. If you are traveling down the PCH for a road trip, put Cambria on the map and do yourself a favor to stop and stay a few days in the town. Keep reading to find out why I love this little town so much!
1. Oceanpoint Ranch– This recently renovated hotel is one of the most romantic getaway spots that I’ve ever stayed at. I stayed for two nights in a deluxe cabin suite with my blogging friend and BFF, London Ellis. The rooms are adorned with gingham headboards, do-it-yourself fireplaces with logs ready to burn, rustic headboards, and clawfoot bathtubs. The rest of the hotel is decorated the same way- in an urban-chic style reminiscent of a large Colorado mountain cabin I dream of having one day. The rest of the grounds are scattered with wildflowers, outdoor games, and a secluded beach is within walking distance down a private walking path. What a dream! I highly recommend staying at Oceanpoint Ranch when you stop in Cambria.
2. Best Sunset Views in California– While staying at Oceanpoint Ranch, London and I made it a point to watch every sunset. Granted, we were only there for two nights, but those two sunsets that we saw were LIFE CHANGING. Picture yourself on a high cliff surrounded by eucalyptus trees with the fresh breeze in your hair. Then take out all light and all people, so it’s just you, the sea, and the colors of the sunset (orange, blue, and purple) as far as the eye can see. It was hands down one of the best views of my life. Do yourself a favor and stop to watch the sunset here. If you stay at Oceanpoint Ranch, there is a hidden viewpoint right across the way from the entrance.
3. Unique, Healthy Restaurants– London and I ate at two amazing restaurants, besides the Oceanpoint Ranch Restaurant, which was also very good. One of the restaurants in Cambria is Robin’s Restaurant. Robin’s is a cute restaurant that features handmade, local cuisine in a wonderful garden setting. They pride themselves on the unique dishes and atmosphere, and I can see why- you feel like you are in your own fairytale, sipping on coffee or tea surrounded by plants. So much yes. Also, another restaurant I recommend is Centrally Grown, which is a seaside restaurant (talk about those views) that features edible gardens, ocean view patios, custom sculptures and sustainable water features. A really cool place to visit, just moments away from Oceanpoint Ranch.
4. Cute, Local Shopping– After eating at Robin’s, London and I wandered around the quaint town of Cambria, to some shops nearby. One of the most noteworthy is Spellbound Herbs Gift Shop and Garden. This store sells everything from bath products, to cards, to incense. The best feature of this shop is the garden, however. It’s a fairytale garden, with paths that take you to smaller themed gardens, such as the Alice in Wonderland garden, or the Mermaid garden. What a wonderful and magical place! Take a peek for yourself when you are in Cambria.
5. PCH Roadtrip– If you are headed down or up the coast from San Francisco to LA or vice versa, why not stop at this cute little town to experience what it has to offer? You’ll love it just as much as I did!
Let me know if you have any additional recommendations for the next time I visit Cambria! I’d love to hear if any of you have visited before in the comments below.
Until next time!