It’s that time of the year again! Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. Some may dread this day, but I think it’s a day worth celebrating because it celebrates love in all forms. You can celebrate with your gal pals, with your significant other, or even with your family. Yes, it’s true… when I was young, my mom and I used to celebrate together. She’d always get me a card so I didn’t feel left out. Whatever your situation is, I’m positive you have some love ones you can celebrate it with!
I’ve gotten a few requests to do a Valentine’s Day Gift Guide for what to get your significant other from both sides- men and women, so I’m going to put together both for you. Up first, women!
What to Get the Woman in Your Life on Valentine’s Day:
1. Teddy Bear– I was recently given a teddy bear for an (early) Valentine’s gift from my boyfriend and I forgot how much I love these things. I used to collect stuffed animals as a kid, but now I don’t really have any. I got one of those huge ones and I use it as a pillow when I’m working on my computer at night! We also like to cuddle with it at night. Swoon.
2. Letter Necklace– I love these engraved necklaces. Necklaces in general are a pretty solid gift for Valentine’s Day, but anything that is a little more personal goes a long way. Just make sure you know what style of jewelry she likes- does she go for dainty gold jewelry (me) or bolder statement pieces?
3. Coffee Table Book– This is something that women always say they want but don’t actually get themselves. A strong coffee table book sets the mood for the entire living room and is a joy to read when guests come over. Also, a book in general would be a great gift if you know what she likes to read.
4. Notebook– A girl can never have too many notebooks. I have one for scribbles and drawings, poetry, random thoughts, and a planner. This can be a generic gift if you don’t get one with a cute saying on it or something that makes it stand out… So be sure to put some thought into which planner you are getting.
5. Record– Nothing says I love you like a good record. If she doesn’t have a record player, then see below (lol). In all seriousness, this is about knowing your significant other and her tastes. If you know what music she likes, go for it!
6. Ring– Nooooo, I’m not talking that type of ring… Unless you want to, then by all means do it! I’m talking a ring that she can wear everyday. Jewelry is always overdone, so make this one personalized as well. My birthstone is opal, so I would enjoy an opal ring, for example.
7. A Nice Perfume– This one is a little tricky, since you might not know what she likes, but this is one of my favorite things to get. If you don’t know what she likes, make this an experience and take her shopping! Big plus.
8. KitchenAid– Girls may never say that they want this, but believe me, they do. This is also something they wouldn’t buy for themselves, but its the cutest thing on the planet. Just be careful that you don’t send the wrong signal when getting her kitchen goods, both of you can make things in the kitchen together.
9. Stylish Sweater– It is winter after all? Lol that’s all I have to say about this one.
11. Watch– This is only something to get her if she doesn’t have one. A nice watch is something you can wear every day and she will get a lot of utility out of. If she doesn’t wear one already, skip this idea!
12. Record Player– See number 5 🙂 Plus, I always recommend this gift. It’s one of the best things I’ve ever gotten.
What’s even better than all of these material goods is if you create an experience for her. Take her out to dinner, give her a handwritten note, treat her like the princess she is and show her how much you love her. Experiences always trump material things.
Stay tuned for the Men’s Valentine’s Day Gift Guide, coming soon!
Hope you all enjoy this lovely Thursday.
This is a demo store for testing purposes — no orders shall be fulfilled. Dismiss