If you personally know me, you know that I am the farthest thing from a morning person. I will stay in bed until the last possible moment. Maybe this is because I am a night owl and stay up until 12pm most nights… but I have always been this way. It’s a shame because I do love mornings when the whole world is still sleeping, but nights are when I am the most creative and get the most done. I am trying to get to be more of a morning person, just because it feels so great when you get most of your chores done and have the whole rest of the day ahead of you. Here’s what I’m doing to kick my butt into shape and start to be more of a morning person:
How to Become a Morning Person When You Aren’t One
1. Schedule something that you love early in the morning- One of the ways that I do this is through yoga. If I schedule something that I paid for (a yoga class) early in the morning, I am less likely to skip it and cancel late. It sets my day off on the right foot, and I get SO much more done that day, see this post where I talk about the 5 reasons you need to start doing yoga stat.
2. Set an alarm- This might sound like a given, but it really is important, especially when you work for yourself and the amount of work you do is directly correlated to your income. Maybe if I actually get up when my alarm says (at 8am lol), then the money will start rolling in? Haha we can dare to dream (see what I did there)?
3. Have a backup plan- If all else fails and you can’t bring yourself to wakeup in the morning, get someone to do it for you! The best way this happens for me is when I hear my boyfriend make coffee in the morning. This gets me up ASAP.
4. Set a morning routine- This has been helpful to me because I actually look FORWARD to my morning routine, where I sit up, take 10 deep breaths, meditate, set and write my intentions, and then get up to make coffee. Without this routine, I feel off for the rest of the day and just feel like I am getting off on the wrong foot.
5. Look your best- One of my favorite things about working for myself and working from home is NOT having to wear makeup. But that doesn’t mean that I don’t skip the skincare routine that makes my face look fresh. After I wash my face and moisturize, I use new LUMIFY™ redness reliever eye drops from the eye care experts at Bausch + Lomb to reduce any morning eye redness. Since I wear contacts, I use the eye drops right when I go into the bathroom in the morning, if I am experiencing eye redness, waiting at least 10 minutes before I put my contacts in. I love heading to yoga with eyes that look whiter, brighter, and more naturally radiant. These drops have a new, unique OTC formulation that works in 1 minute and lasts for up to 8 hours. Most importantly, the drops contain no bleach or dyes and are FDA-approved. Be sure to note that individual results may vary. Use as directed.
LUMIFY retails for $14.99 USD (2.5 mL bottle or 75 drops) and $25.99 USD (7.5 mL bottle or 225 drops).
For more information about LUMIFY, visit their website at www.LumifyDrops.com!
Now that I’ve given you all my own tips to become a better morning person, I’d love to hear if any of you are morning people and if so how you do it! Help a sista out!
*All reviews and opinions are my own.