This winter, I am making some more BIG changes when it comes to my beauty routine. I have already cut out most of the products in my beauty routine that have harmful parabens, sulfates, and other toxins. After learning what these ingredients can do to you and your body (read this article if you haven’t), I have made the conscious decision to steer clear of them. I have rounded up my morning routine with holistic products, so y’all can get an idea of what products I am using for the winter- including two of my favorites thus far: Avalon Organics® Biotin B-Complex Thickening Shampoo & Conditioner.
Holistic Winter Beauty Routine:
1. “Putting my eyes in”- Ever since I got a huge stye in the cornea of my eye from the use of regular contact solution, I have switched to BioTrue- because it mimics the natural liquids in your eyes. I am BLIND AS A BAT, so this is the first thing I do in the morning, before anything else.
2. Brushing Teeth- The next task I do is brush my pearly whites! Jk, they really aren’t that white anymore because I drink wayyy too much coffee.
3. Washing Face- This has been a tough one for me, since I have struggled with acne for all of my life. I found two natural face washes that work with acne, because they include a tiny bit of salicylic acid. It’s a foaming face wash, which is the best I’ve EVER used.
4. Shampoo and Conditioner- I have struggled with finding a decent sulfate-free and paraben-free organic shampoo and conditioner brand, but I hit the jackpot when I discovered Avalon Organics® Biotin B-Complex Thickening Shampoo & Conditioner. These products gently cleanse without any residue. The shampoo and conditioner contain a balanced blend of biotin, saw palmetto, quinoa protein and vitamin E that work in harmony to help build body in fine thin hair, encourage hair growth and strengthen strands. Most importantly, this brand is paraben and sulfate free and also vegan, biodegradable, non-GMO, and no synthetic fragrances. I did find that you have to wet your hair periodically to get the shampoo to lather, and you have to use extra conditioner (on curly hair) to make sure your hair is getting the moisture it needs. Find Avalon at a store nearby you!
5. Body Soap- I am in the market for a new body soap! The natural product I am using right now is not working with my skin… It is making me breakout worse than before… I’ve heard that black soap works well for breakout-prone skin. Let me know if y’all have any suggestions in the comments.
I previously had changed most my beauty products, but the newest one on this list is the shampoo and conditioner. The Avalon Organics® Biotin B-Complex Thickening Shampoo & Conditioner are available at your local retailer.
Are you all switching to holistic beauty products? Excited to hear what you guys think on this topic.
*Thank you to Avalon Organics for sponsoring this post. All reviews and opinions are my own.
This is a demo store for testing purposes — no orders shall be fulfilled. Dismiss