With the change in the seasons, my skin is becoming increasingly dry and irritated. Couple this with the acne flair-ups that I’ve had in the past few months, it’s not looking good for my skin. After trying several techniques and products I read about online, I became frustrated because nothing seemed to work to cure my skin. I gave up home remedies and recently went to the dermatologist regarding my skin conditions and received an entire new regimen. Some of it includes prescription-only medications to treat acne, but some are available over the counter to treat oily skin and under eye circles.
Basically, the skincare regimen that my doctor prescribed includes three prescription items: a sulfur face cleanser, a retinol cream, and spironolactone. The over the counter items include a daily cleanser, a sunscreen, and a moisturizer with hyaluronic acid. A variation of these products could also work, as long as they have the same ingredients.
I do, however, want to include some of the specialty skincare products that I use to supplement this regimen. One of which I want to talk about is the VIIcode Oxygen Eye Cream, which is used to treat under eye circles. This cream infuses large amounts of elements essential to the human body, including evening primrose, avocado, elderberry, chamomilla recutita. I use this at night to repair cells, and in the morning to shield from external damage to the eyes. I love creating a spa-like experience in my own home with this cream!
In more detail, here are the steps of my new regimen:
1. Cleanse with a sulfur wash in the morning- you can Rodan + Fields UNBLEMISH Sulfur Wash if you don’t have a prescription!
2. Take Spironolactone- *disclaimer, I haven’t started this routine yet, but it was recommended for my incessant hormonal adult acne. I will keep you all updated on how it works!
3. Moisturize with sunscreen- I am using Elta MD UV Clear Broad Spectrum.
4. Wash with a simple cleanser- I am using Elta MD Foaming Facial Cleanser.
5. Moisturize with a lotion with hyaluronic acid- I am using this Elta MD Facial Mositurizer.
6. Apply a pea size amount of Tretinoin (Retin-A) to entire face.
7. Use VIIcode Oxygen Eye Cream under eyes in these two steps: glide the crescent activation strip around the eyes to smooth and refresh the eye area then use the strip to dab the eye cream and massage it into the skin.
I love the results of the eye cream so far, the skin around my eyes feels tighter, younger, and refreshed. I will let you know the results of the entire skincare regimen after a few months when I (hopefully) start to see results!
Let me know if you have any questions on this in the comments below!
*Thank you to VIIcode for sponsoring this post. All reviews and opinions are my own.