Hi babes! So as most of you have probably seen on my Instagram, I have been wearing my hair naturally curly more often! Truth be told, I wear my hair natural almost every day to work. The only place I don’t wear it natural is on my blog! After a few posts of it natural on my Instagram and how many messages I got, I am definitely going to wear it natural more often in my posts. Who has time to blow dry and curl their hair every day anyway? Curly hair does require some styling, though, to ensure you don’t end up with a mop on your head (lol). I’ve put together some styling tips to help out my curly haired girls!
I have been using a curling iron or these Volumizing Hot Rollers from T3 to give the poofy curls some shape. My step by step process is below:
1. After the shower– I shower at night since I usually go to the gym after work, so I sleep with wet hair usually. After you get out of the shower, dry your hair with a t-shirt instead of a towel. This helps with frizz tremendously. Be sure to brush your hair with your fingers or a wide tooth comb to keep the curls intact after you use a t-shirt to dry.
2. To dry– It’s best to let your curly hair dry naturally. If you must dry your hair, I use a diffuser on the end of my hair dryer, which also helps with keeping the curls intact. Most of the time, I sleep with my wet hair in a low, loose ponytail at night. This helps you to not look like a poodle when you wake up- you curly haired girls will know what I mean…
3. To style– In the morning, my hair is still a little damp when I wake up, which is a good thing when you want to add product. I use this Herbal Essence Tousle Me Softly foam religiously. It gives your curls shape without making them too crunchy. It dries and your curls are defined and smell amazing. If you take a shower in the morning, I would add a dollop of this foam and use a diffuser to dry a bit.
4. To add definition– If I want to define my curls a bit more, I leave most strands natural, but straighten my bangs and curl a few errant, poofy strands. You can either use a curling iron, or I recently have used these T3 Volumizing Hot Rollers, which leave me hands free to do my makeup! They are velvet, so they give your curls some extra shine. I like to use the smaller barreled ones since my curls are pretty tight. If you have looser curls, you can use the big barrels- just make sure the barrel matches the size of your natural hair curl.
5. To finish– I use hairspray! This TRESemme Two Extra Firm Control hairspray is my go-to. Nothing like a little extra hold on those curls!
I hope you all find these tips helpful!! They are years in the making! Let me know if any of you have curly hair styling tips!
Photo: Jonilyn Brown
*Thank you to T3 for partnering with me in this post. All reviews and opinions are my own.
This is a demo store for testing purposes — no orders shall be fulfilled. Dismiss