It’s springtime here in LA, which means a lot of gloom is upon us! There’s a reason why they say, “May Gray, June Gloom” here… Most of the spring is filled with fog and maybe (hopefully) even some rain. So what’s a girl to do on those rainy days? When you aren’t working, here are some things to do on these cloudy, rainy days, and warning! they may even make you crave them. Stay tuned for the end of this post when I am giving away some goodies in exchange for subscribing to my newsletter!
5 Things To Do on a Rainy Day:
1. Clean out your closet: There’s a reason why they call it “Spring Cleaning”- spring is a time of renewal, a time to clean out the past years worth of stuff you collected. There’s something so rejuvenating about getting rid of unwanted items, it’s as if clearing out your living space clears out your mind. This is something I am planning on doing within the next few weeks before summer. There’s no greater feeling than having a clean space so you can go out and enjoy the warmer weather when it comes!
2. Play a card game: One of my all-time favorite games is Cards Against Humanity. Have you heard of it? It’s not recommended for those with a clean sense of humor… there’s a lot of profanity and cards that are just plain WRONG. But that’s what makes it all the more fun. Playing cards is a great family past time of mine, it always brings the family closer together. And with Cards Against Humanity, you get real close REAL quick.
3. Light a candle and relax: Craving a little me time? Treat yourself to a therapeutic smelling candle and just relax. You don’t necessarily need to do anything, except be alone in your thoughts as a sort of meditation when the rain is pouring outside. If this isn’t your thing, go ahead and read while the candle is burning. With a clean house and candle burning making the whole space feel cozy, who wouldn’t be happy? My favorite candles are from Brooklyn Candle Studio, a boutique candle studio making hand-poured candles out of New York. They make the BEST, most unique smelling candles and I love supporting small businesses in the process.
4. Make a home-cooked meal: When you have some extra time on rainy days, one of the things I like to do is cook a new meal. I recently invested in an Insta-pot, which if you haven’t tried it’s seriously a GAME CHANGER. This thing can do 10 things in one- make rice, slow cook, pressure cook, make yogurt… The list goes on. On a rainy day, I throw whatever it is I have leftover in the fridge and make it into a meal. Joe and I like to make bone broth, which has some serious health benefits. Stay tuned for a recipe section I have coming soon!
5. Make a living room fort and catch up on your favorite shows: Any chance I get to re-live my childhood, I do. I used to make couch forts when I was little… I still get the same warm, excited feeling when I make a fort/bed in the middle of the living room today. Netflix anyone?
I hope these tips help you survive and even enjoy the rainy spring season.
Now for the giveaway! I’ve teamed up with a few of my blogger friends to giveaway a Canon Rebel Kit, gold iPad, and trendy bamboo handbag. I’d love your support, enter below!
Giveaway runs through April 14th. I will be announcing on my blog and social platforms, so stay tuned!
*Thank you to Brooklyn Candle Studio for sponsoring this post. All reviews and opinions are my own.
This is a demo store for testing purposes — no orders shall be fulfilled. Dismiss